WHAT TO BRING
- Leather boots suitable for boggy conditions – trainers will not suffice
- Waterproof rain coat and over-trousers, gaiters optional
- Warm clothes, gloves and hat – denim is not suitable at all
- Change of clothes to be left in car at start of walk
- Food for lunch, including a hot drink
- Good supply of liquids, not in glass bottles
- Emergency ration, e.g. chocolate bars
- Map and compass
- Survival bag
- Basic First Aid items such as, Compeed plasters, insect repellent, sun cream, antiseptic wipes, plasters, triangular bandage, crepe bandage
- Torch – check the battery!
- Always ask for advice from walk leaders if you are uncertain about provisions or equipment.
Leaders have the right to refuse to take a walker if not properly equipped with boots and appropriate clothing.