WALKING WITH A GROUP
Meeting for a Walk
We have decided to maintain the practice of meeting at the starting point of a walk. Members must inform the leader of their intention to go on a walk and should arrive in good time to start the walk at the designated time.
Car sharing is encouraged and can arranged by members who know each other or who live in the same area. It is desirable to minimize the number of cars at the starting point because parking space may be limited and also to reduce the carbon footprint of our activities.
During the walk
- Always adhere to leader’s instructions and do not go ahead of the leader without express permission.
- Inform the leader if you find the pace too brisk or you notice another member of the party in discomfort or difficulties.
- Attend to any foot problems at the first signs and advise the leader.
- Never leave the party, even briefly, without informing the leader.
- Exercise care when crossing fences, gates and walls, repair any damage done by crossing.
- Gates should be left as they were before the party arrived, i.e. open or closed. If a gate cannot be opened, they should be crossed on the hinged side. .
- Take all rubbish home with you.
- Note the route being followed on a map as this will greatly increase your ability to read maps and add interest to the walk.
- Mobile phones should be switched off during the walk.
- Passengers are required to make a contribution towards the driver’s transport costs.
- Remember: Members participate in club activities at their own risk.